In the spirit of Heather’s post, here’s a list of actions I will not apologize for.
- Refusing to wear a shirt in the “comfort” of my own home as Baltimore’s killer summer humidity rolls in on its annual mission to marinate me alive.
- Choosing happiness over immediate financial security.
- Playing the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood app. You guys, I used to be #1 in the world at this game. Then I had to delete it, because I started ignoring real people when I was playing (which I did apologize for)… and then I downloaded it again. Proud to say I’m not nearly as addicted as I was the first go-round. #145 and feelin’ fine!
- Unabashedly loving pretty things. Loving sparkle and flowers and elaborate dresses and ridiculous amounts of glitter and making things that incorporate those elements doesn’t make me stupid or juvenile, it makes the world a more beautiful and fun place to be. I truly believe that.
- Cleaning my ears with a Q-tip. I’m not going to ram it in there, I swear! I can handle it!
- Taking a leap when I felt like it was the absolute, ultimate right thing to do, against the well-meant advice from a few people whom I deeply love and admire. Making choices for yourself first should never be something to apologize for! (Unless it hurts others of course of course of course.)
- Changing my appearance as often as and in whatever way I want to.
- Choosing pop over all other musical genres.
- Laughing loudly in public spaces.
- Telling someone off when they’re being a dick (as long as they truly are being a total dick.)
- What I’m wearing on any given day.
- Feeling how I feel - ever.
What won’t you apologize for? Tell me!
And be sure to dig into Hiya Tootsie. It’ll make ya feel good, I promise!